Supports the company by performing installations, testing, repair, inspection and maintenance of fire protection equipment.
Job Specific Functions- including but not limited to:
- Ability to independently conduct tests, and determine whether equipment is operating as expected; troubleshooting skills; equipment maintenance; repairing; installation; communication skills; critical thinking skills; active learning skills; time management; computer skills.
- Communicate effectively with customers as needed.
- Communicate effectively and work effectively with coworkers.
- Keep appointments and show up to work on time.
- Attitude and actions are in line with company’s mission, quality, vision and values, and cultural statements.
- Show initiative by sharing ideas that may increase company profitability and help the company reach its goals.
Physical Requirements- including but not limited to:
- Manual dexterity and strength sufficient to operate tools and machinery necessary for the job.
- Sufficient physical strength to lift and manipulate valves, cylinders up to 50lbs, piping and any other material necessary for the job.
- Sufficient physical agility to work in awkward places and from ladders or scaffolding as required by particular job.
- Must be able to stand, bend, crouch and climb.
- Must be able to use ladders and perform various types of manual labor.
- Ability to lift and move heavy equipment.
- Must be able to walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to walk and carry heavy material for long periods of time.
Additional Requirements/Experience- including but not limited to:
- Experience working with fire protection and suppression equipment is required.
- Must be able to perform simple tasks independently after being given assignments.
- Customer service skills.
- Computer literate.
- Well organized, self motivated, flexible and a team player.
- Valid drivers license.
- Attitude and actions are in line with company’s mission statement, vision and values.
- Must be able to understand and comply with the company’s safety and employment policies.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
- Emergency Service shifts are a requirement for this job.
Associated Fire Protection is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are dedicated to ensuring that all personnel decisions are in accordance with the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All applicants will be pre-screened according to company policy.