To help you stay safe during this Holiday Season, we are offering a few simple phrases to help you avoid common holiday fire hazards. Holiday Lighting 1. Inspect lighting for worn insulation or loose light bulbs
2. Turn the lights off before leaving the house or going to bed
3. Don’t overload electrical sockets Christmas Trees 1. Before placing the tree in the stand, cut 2 inches off the base of the tree
2. Make sure the tree is three feet away from all heat sources like a radiators, heating ducts or fireplaces
3. Add water to the tree every morning and every night
4. Throw away the tree once it begins to drop needles, this indicates that it is dried out and is a real fire hazard
5. Never use lit candles to decorate a tree Cooking 1. Keep kitchen towels and clothing away from the stove
2. Keep your children away from the cooking area
3. Unattended cooking is the number one cause of cooking fires Finally, check your smoke alarms to make sure they are in working order! HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE HOLIDAY SEASON!!
Associated Fire Protection
Since 1947, AFP has been a leading source for engineering, installation, and inspection of all types of fire protection systems and equipment.
The AJ Meerwald is the state ship of New Jersey. She was one of hundreds of schooners built along South Jersey's Delaware Bay shore before the decline of the shipbuilding industry which coincided with the Great Depression. Today, the Meerwald is used by the Bayshore Discovery Project for onboard educational programs in the Delaware Bay near Bivalve, and at other ports in the New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware region. The Meerwald was added to the National Register of Historic Places on November 7, 1995. AFP is proud to have worked on the fire protection system that protects part of our States's history. ...
Legislative Update. A bill has been introduced in the New Jersey State Legislature (in Assembly as Bill 3974 and in the Senate as Bill 2539) that would require the installation of a fire sprinkler systems in single and two-family homes. Similar legislation has been introduced in the past and passed by both houses, but the previous Governor refused to sign it. ...